May 4 , 2015
Royal Family Kids Camp
Royal Family Kids (RFK) Marion is a camp for abused and neglected children who live in Marion County. Royal Family Kids, Inc. was founded in 1985 by Wayne and Diane Tesch of Santa Ana, California. RFK supports over 230 camps throughout the United States and internationally. The home office provides training, program curriculum, camp supplies, marketing materials, and other resources to community church-sponsored camps.
The mission of the camp is to rpovide a life-changing experience of affirmation and approval through healthy relationships. Their goal is to provide positive memories, build self-esteem, re-establish the child's sense of worth, and give hope and encouragement, and role model a healthy life style.
The local camp became affiliated with RFK in June 2000. Their first camp was held August 2001. The funds awarded this year went towards camp supplies for 40+ children and 60+ adult volunteers.
- Boys and Girls Club of Marion County (4)
- Federation of Women's Clubs Marion County (1)
- Harding Home Presidential Site (1)
- Leapin Outreach Center (1)
- Ohio Special Olympics Marion County (1)
- Royal Family Kids Camp (1)
- The Ohio State University at Marion, GoBuck$ (1)
- Saturday in the Park (1)